Any entrepreneur or company with a product and/or a startup can apply to the San Diego Angel Conference. The application process is straight forward and the following screening and due diligence processes are designed to be transparent, efficient, and constructive for both the entrepreneur and participating investors.
Entrepreneur or company applications are accepted from September 1 to December 18, 2019. All applicants must pay the fee, complete their Gust profile, and provide a 60-second video, in order to be considered in round 1.
Applications are due Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
- Based in the US
- Close enough to San Diego to engage with investors regularly
- In any industry
- At any stage
- Seeking investment of $100k-$2M
- Have the potential for a 10x return on investment in 5 years
- large addressable market size
- at least an MVP
- a plan for the business to scale
- a management team that can execute the plan
Last evening’s session was the most informative entrepreneur event I have ever attended. These SDAC events just keep getting better and better.
- Submit a SDAC application. The application fee is $149. The application fee is nonrefundable.
- Create a Gust.com* account and profile. (Gust.com is used to manage and track applicants and their documents.)
- Participate in the selection process. Investors review the applications and select deals to move to each round. Entrepreneurs are invited to provide more detailed information and continue updating Gust.com during the process. There are four rounds in the selection process.
- Attend the conference. Whether you advance to the finals or not, every applicant is encouraged to attend the SDAC to network with investors, connect with other entrepreneurs, and learn from the finalists.
The application fee covers the processing cost of the application. All applicants are allowed but not required to attend the San Diego Angel Conference Entrepreneurs series. See Events for a listing of Entrepreneurs series. Application fee is $149. The application fee is nonrefundable.
All applicants can expect:
- Investors to review their application, deck, and video
- A debrief if/when eliminated
- 1 ticket to the final event ($250 value) on March 28, 2020 (finalists receive 2 tickets)
Applicants must be prepared to participate in the selection process and must be available to pitch on March 28, 2020, if selected as a finalist. The selection process begins January 2020.
All completed applications will be shared with participating angel investors.
Round 1 – Angels will review of the decks and videos
Round 2 – Final 24 invited to give a 3-minute pitch (in-person with investors)
Round 3 – Final 12 invited to give a 10-minute pitch (in-person with investors)
Round 4 – Final 6 participate in due diligence and give a 10-minute pitch in person at the main event on March 28, 2020
Up to six selected finalists will pitch in front of Angel Investors and audience at the San Diego Angel Conference on March 28, 2020. Entrepreneurs must be present to pitch. The investors will make a final decision on the day of and invest up to $200,000** in the winning startup.
The application deadline for entrepreneur submissions is Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
Click to APPLY
*Gust is an online platform for startups and investors. SDAC uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, deck, and coordinate due diligence information. Entrepreneurs must upload deck and other information into Gust.
**Investment amount depends on the number of participating investors.
For a list of upcoming workshops, visit the Events page.